Thursday, April 19, 2007

Perennial Corner In April

This is the Perennial Corner bed back in November. Take a look at it now! Look at this Shasta Daisy! That is Echinacea 'Sundown' in the front and 'Ruby Giant' off to the right (very tiny). Unfortunately, Echinacea 'Twilight' didn't make it through the winter. I got it from Wayside Gardens. Anyone know about their return policy for plants that die? I added Carolina Jessamine on the iron trellis earlier this year. I felt like this bed needed some height. On either side of the trellis is Russian Sage that hasn't grown much. I hope that it takes off soon because I really want some wispy growth in the back of this bed. Around the drain are gladioli from my granny's yard. She gave me those bulbs a few weeks ago. Behind those? Mexican Petunia, the hummingbird magnet.

I'm trying to stick with a yellow, pink, and purple, color pattern. So far it is going really well. Can't wait to see how everything looks together when it blooms. I plan to put the two new daisies in this bed. 'Mynelle' will go in that bare spot on the left. I'm not sure what to do with 'Marguerite' Daisy . I kinda want to put it where 'Ruby Giant' is and then maybe move 'Ruby Giant' to where 'Twilight' was? I dunno. I'll figure all that out this weekend.

I also have to turn a deserted area in the backyard into an herb garden. We shall see. I'll leave you with some photos from the backyard today...

Hostas



Purple Iris and Autumn Fern

No comments: