Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How I Cooked It: Snow Peas

I've always wanted to try a CSA. This year when Yokna Bottoms Farms offered to deliver CSA shares to FNC (the company I work for) every Tuesday at 3pm, I knew I had to sign up. Cooking in the moment with fresh ingredients is one of my favorite things to do, so I thought it might be fun to share what I've cooked with the veggies from Yokna Bottoms.
So far I've had lots of lettuce and radishes for salads. Yum yum. We've also had an abundance of Chinese cabbage, and I've used it in many stir-fries with pork and noodle or tofu and mushrooms.
This week we had snow peas. Chip is under the weather, so I made Asian Chicken Noodle Soup. The recipe is one I've made many many times, clipped from Food + Wine. In addition to the farm's snow peas, I used four of the many spring onions we've gotten in our box. This soup is so good! Ready in 30 minutes.

- Posted from my iPhone using BlogPress

No comments: