Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mmmm... Beer...

Chip's brother went to Oxford a few weeks ago, and then made a trip up to West Memphis, Arkansas for some beer. Why go all the way to Arkansas for beer? Because New Belgium beer isn't widely distributed east of the Mississippi River! (They certainly don't sell it across the bridge in Delta, Louisiana). And if you've ever had New Belgium beer, you know why it is worth driving for.

Scott got us a case of Sunshine Wheat and a Folly Pack. Holy moly, this stuff is good.
The Mothership Wit is FAN-TASTIC! I am in love with white beer to begin with. My favorite is the Kronenbourg Blanc I had on tap in a posh Belgravia pub on our trip to London last year. Mothership Wit is organic.

The Old Cherry was good, too. Tasted a lot like Fat Tire with a hint of cherry fruit. The Folly Pack also had Fat Tire and the 1554 Black Ale.
One of my favorites things about our wedding is that we served Fat Tire & Sunshine Wheat. We drove up to West Memphis a few days before the wedding and loaded Chip's Pathfinder with beer. We threw a blanket over it and prayed we didn't get pulled over while trucking mass quantities of beer over the Mississippi state line.

Last Sunday we sat on the back porch and drank three beers while the rain came down. And then we were rightly buzzing on a Sunday afternoon.

6 comments:

Susie S said...

Hey! You know World Market carries new belgium beer now! We picked up some at the World Market in Germantown last week! So YUMMY!

Lisa Blair said...

That's great! Not a whole lot closer than West Memphis, but I'd much rather go to World Market. I love that place!

Leah Maria said...

Also Whole Foods carries it too. I got some yesterday while we were in Nashville. I had to stop and think what state I was in. I wish now I had picked up some Mothership Wit too.

Anonymous said...

Wow I am going to Arkansas Thursday. I am going to bring some back (shhh). Thanks!

Katie said...

Interestingly enough, don't all of New Belgium's brews taste like a rendition of Fat Tire? The cherry one looks mighty interesting...I'll keep my eyes out for it here.

PS - I sent you an email about our "small world" friend! Just curious if you got it.

Lisa Blair said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about some of them tasting similar. I thought the Mothership Wit tasted a good bit different. We only got a couple of them in the folly pack. I wish I had a few more!

Yep, I did get your email. Crazy huh? Small world after all!!