Sunday, November 09, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles

It is a beautiful weekend here in Mississippi. I think fall weather is finally here to stay. Last week we had days where the high was in the 80s. This weekend has been milder - in the 60s and low 70s. I raked the backyard yesterday and added the leaves to my compost.


This morning I woke up and decided to make pumpkin waffles. I always use a waffle mix - Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain - when I make waffles. Today I added a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mix. Chip topped his with plain yogurt sweetened with honey and vanilla. I topped mine with butter and maple syrup.


We took a bike ride on the Natchez Trace back in September, and it was gorgeous. A rainy day was rolling in while we rode. We barely made it home before the rain started. Today I plan to go on the same ride. The leave are colorful now. Back in September everything was a luscious summer green.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, those waffles sound amazing! I don't have a waffle iron but I may try adding some pumpkin and spice to pancake batter. thanks for the idea!

Jon said...

Lisa,
Thanks for the tip on that brand of waffle mix...I will certainly search around and try some of it. Nothing better than waffles on a cold morning drenched in maple syrup I think.

Hope y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jon at Mississippi Garden