Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Cake and Go Rebels!

I just finished frosting Chip's birthday cake. It is a Snoball cake. As in a Hostess Snoball. I asked Chip what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, and that's what he came up with. I am suprised that I was able to pull it off!!




I baked a Devil's food cake in one round pan and one 2.5 quart pyrex bowl. I scooped the middle out with a knife a spoon, then filled the middle with marshmallow/7-minute frosting. I used the same frosting to ice the cake Then, I dyed coconut neon orange,and covered the cake in it.




Today the Rebels play Alabama in Oxford. We are having a little get together after the game to celebrate Chip's birthday, and hopefully Rebel win. We really need this win to revive our season. We are ready!



- Posted from my iPhone with BlogPress

5 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Lisa - I love the cake...super cute. Tell Chip Happy Birthday! I am not a fan of the rest of the post :) Roll Tide!

Ginger said...

That cake is darling!!! Martha Stewart style!!

Unfortunately, I have to agree with The Clem Family - Roll Tide!!

Randy Emmitt said...

Cute cake, love the spiders!

sm2 said...

Hotty Toddy! And that cake was as delicious as it was cute! You got skilz.

Dirt Princess said...

Hey Lisa, I am starting a seed swap. If you are interested please leave a comment on my latest post! We would love to have you! It should be fun!