Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Parfait with Granola

Casey, a good friend of mine and fellow blogger on A Five-Leaf Clover, has a link to a food blog called Healthy Food for Living. I was browsing through those recipes back in October and decided I had to try to the Pumpkin Parfaits. Mmmmm... Chip and I are big fans of yogurt and granola. With the addition of lightly sweetened pumpkin, I thought these would be divine. And they were!
I took a few shortcuts with mine, and they were still delicious. I have a few cans of organic pumpkin pie filling that I bought on sale at the grocery store last year that have been waiting all year for the perfect recipe. I added maple syrup and a little extra cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the canned pumpkin mixture. For the yogurt, I didn't have any greek yogurt on hand - just regular plain yogurt - so I lined a seive with paper towels and poured in the plain yogurt to let some of the water drain out. After 30 minutes of draining in the refrigerator, the regular plain yogurt is thicker and creamier. Then, I made the yummy parfaits. Pumpkin-spiced granola was sprinkled between layers of pumpkin pudding and yogurt. I topped the parfaits with local honey. Yum!

2 comments:

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

That looks beautiful and sounds delicious, perfect Autumn dessert! I have my own recipe for a summer yogurt parfait with Cantaloupe, Coconut, Mangoes, Frozen Vanilla Yogurt with Toasted Almonds and Pineapple sauce on top. I'm trying to write a recipe book of easy recipes and guide to simple entertaining. No book title set on stone yet! Cooking is so fun and even better with fresh ingredients from the garden.

Hazel Myers said...

Thank you for sharing thhis