Friday, January 03, 2014

This Little Lady Has Stolen My Heart


I meant to write a 15-month post, but life has been moving in fast-forward and I haven't been motivated to blog lately. Fall was busy with football season, then in late November Lydia got sick with the flu, then it was a double ear infection, then a cold. She is finally well and is now cutting her sixteenth tooth. That means once this one has cut through we are done with teething until her four 2-year-old molars come in. Then we are DONE with teething. Yay!

This week has been a good one. I worked Monday and have been off work since Tuesday. I haven't done much but hang out with my little girl, and it has really recharged my batteries. Over the past two weeks there have been lots of hugs and snuggles, but the BEST PART is that my girl started giving us kisses. She started with Chip the week before Christmas. Long story, but I was putting her to bed each night. Chip would give her a kiss before bed, and she started leaning in to get Daddy's sugar. That progressed to open mouth kisses when we asked for one, which progressed to what I got tonight: five kisses in a row initiated by Lydia. We were playing kitty cat (where we both crawl around and meow... yeah, I'm trying to get the hang of this pretend play thing), and I guess Lydia must have really liked it because she crawled over to me and gave me a kiss, then another, then another. Five kisses. Then Daddy tried to get one, and she crawled away ;)

My eyes immediately welled up with tears, and for anyone that knows me even a little bit, crying is not something I do much. Ok, ever. But that little act of love from this child I work so hard for, well, it made my heart overflow.

No comments: