Sunday, July 04, 2010

Fabulous Fourth

I've been on a wonderful, long vacation since June 25. Chip and I paddled two new rivers in North Carolina, camped in the Smokies, and climbed a mountain. Then on the way home, we had an awesome meal at a James Beard award winning restaurant in Birmingham -- Highlands Bar and Grill. And for the past couple of days I've been taking it easy. Gardening, cooking some delicious meals for my hubby, and enjoying some yummy beer (that you can't get in ol'Mississippi) by the pool.

This coming week I'll post some photos from our trip, but today I'm going to chill by the pool with a Mother Earth Weeping Willow Wit beer while we grill out. I just put some parmesan scalloped potatoes and fennel in the oven and am marinating some chicken in my favorite homemade BBQ sauce from Barefoot Contessa. I wish y'all were here to chill with me!

Have a safe a happy July 4th, y'all! God Bless America! We are so blessed.



-- Posted from my iPhone with BlogPress

1 comment:

Casey said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Sounds like you're living the life!!