Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Leaving for London

Today we get on a plane to London. Chip and I are super excited about getting out of town. We have been way overdue for a vacation, but with Chip's work as crazy as it is, it has been hard to get away.

We'll be away for nine days. The weather in Mississippi shows isolated thunderstorms or afternoon showers in the 10-day forecast, so helpfully our plants (and lawn) won't die while we are away. And if they do? Well, I'm going to London and I'll deal with it when I get back. I'm just not going to sweat it.

The forecast in London is gorgeous. This week it is warm (72F - 76F) with 10% chance of rain. Next week the chance of rain is higher and the temps a little cooler (65F). In Paris, the forecast looks perfect as well. Sunny with highs in the low 70s.

I can't wait to post photos! I plan to visit some gardens. At least Queen Mary's rose garden at Regents Park and possibly Kew Gardens or Hampstead Heath. I'd love to visit the David Austin nurseries one day, but I don't think that is in the cards for this trip. Maybe in 20 or so years Chip and I will be tired of the city and will do English countryside tours. In Paris we probably won't have much time for gardens since we are only there for 2 days. I'll take lots of photos... See you in a few days!

2 comments:

Leah Maria said...

Yay for vacations!! I hope y'all have/had a safe flight over. I can't wait to see all the fun-filled pictures. We are all expecting a full report of the trip.

ps. thanks for the birtday gift. At first I thought I had ordered something from jcrew and forgot I did. :)

Rachel said...

Lucky punks! You should be back by now.....I need an update.

Miss you!