Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spirea and Indian Hawthorne Blooms

This post will be quick because I have a lot of work to do today!

I've been a busy bee in the garden lately. I haven't had much free time on the weekends, so I've been sneaking in garden chores after work thanks to daylight savings time.

First on my list? I cleaned out the front porch beds. They are now ready for spring. The Mexican petunia had to be cut back. The lantana as well. And I had to clear out all the weeds and old leaves. When I took these photos, the spirea, Indian hawthorne, Carolina jessamine, verbena, and creeping phlox were all in bloom. Before the clean-up (March 19):




And after the clean-up (March 22):


1 comment:

Dirt Princess said...

Looks great Lisa! Don't you just loving having a few extra hours in the afternoon of sunshine. Plenty of time to get a few small things done around the garden