Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clematis Blooms on Earth Day

As I watered my vegetable garden this morning, I couldn't help but think about how lucky I am to have this little plot of land on the Earth, so big and diverse. Today, do something to show your respect for the planet.

As promised, I went to the Mississippi Farmers Market on Saturday to check out what they had in mid-April. I was hoping for produce, but I didn't find much. I did, however, pick up farm fresh eggs from BobKat Farms in Florence, MS. I am most excited about my purchase of one half of a grass fed, free range lamb from Livingston Springs Farm in Madison county. This share includes a leg, rack, chops, ribs, a shoulder roast, and 2-3 pounds of ground lamb. The lamb will ready in early fall, just in time to try out some fall lamb recipes. I've never cooked lamb at all before, but Chip and I both like it. It will definitely be a new experience for me!

Ok, enough meat talk. Let's get to the flowers! Clematis H.F. Young is in full bloom. This vine is right outside my bedroom window, so it is the first thing I see when I open the blinds each morning. Soon the jasmine will be blooming, too.






- Posted from my iPhone with BlogPress

3 comments:

Leah Maria said...

Those are gorgeous! I love how crisp the bloom looks. Love the little gnome! I have been looking for one to fit in our yard.

Casey said...

The clematis is so pretty it almost doesn't look real! That lamb sounds delish! Michael and I make lamb lollipops every now and then. I dig the free range!

challie west said...

I am very jealous you have a source for free range lamb. I have several great recipes I will share. And your flowers are beautiful!