Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Irises in the Morning Light

The irises are exploding into blooms this morning. I can't believe how healthy this patch has become. When I moved in to this house, the irises were in two shady spots, and I had just a few blooms that first spring. I vowed to move them to a sunnier location, so I built a bed around a gum tree and moved them on New Year's Day in 2008. In 2009 the blooms were just mediocre. Here are some blooms from this morning.





The morning light isn't the best, so I am going to try to take more photos this evening. I also have my first clematis bloom of the season. This variety is H. F. Young.

3 comments:

Susie S said...

beautiful! my irises are way behind this year! I hope I get some blooms soon though! yours are making me jealous!

Casey said...

Wow they are really pretty! And I had no idea clematis came in such a pretty color! That's a vine I'm still looking for for my back fence. Nice photos!

Ginger said...

Love the irises!! If they ever need dividing, I'll come do the labor for a couple of babies :)